Young Research Forum
IAO cordially invites young researchers from universities/Institutes/Industries to present a short oral presentation at the forum. Therefore, presenters are encouraged to give comprehensive and dynamic talks. Research articles will be selected based on past research productivity and future promise.
Guidelines for Young Researchers Forum
- Showcase your research through Oral presentations.
- Learn about career development as well as the latest research tools and technologies in your field.
- This Forum will give pertinent and timely information to those who conduct research and those who benefit from it.
- Develop a foundation for collaboration among young researchers.
- The forum will provide an opportunity for collegial interaction with other young researchers from across the globe.
- Interact and share ideas with both peers and mentors
- Opportunity for young researchers to learn about the research areas of their peers, so that they may improve upon their capability as multidisciplinary researchers.
Applicants are encouraged to be innovative in their research proposal. Proposed research projects could include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical and translational research
- Innovative care delivery
- Prevention and palliative care
- Implementation research
- Health Systems, Outcomes and Economics research related to cancer control and care
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Global Oncology Young Investigator Award:
- Must have received a doctoral degree (including MD, PhD, MD/PhD, DO, or equivalent doctoral degrees).
- Must apply within the last year of training or during the first two years of faculty/staff appointment or employment at the time of grant submission.
- Not required to have oncology-specific training but should demonstrate an interest in oncology or a related branch of science and be working in an oncology setting.
- Be an IAO member or have submitted a membership application with the grant application. To apply for new membership, or to renew an existing membership, go to http://www.iaoncology.org/index.php
Applications may be submitted by the following entities from all across the world :
- Higher Education Institutions
- Research Organizations
- Medical and Health-related Organizations
- Government Organizations (may include medical centers and hospitals that have access to resources and infrastructure to support a research project)
- Nonprofit Organizations (includes medical societies or associations, advocacy organizations, foundations, hospitals)
- Non-Governmental Organizations
All applications must be submitted in accordance with the requirements and instructions of the International Association of Oncology (IAO). All application materials must be in English and must be submitted through the Apply for Awards Portal.
Awards & Rewards
The Top 3 young researchers/Investigators will be awarded at the end of the conference.